CustomEyes Vision Care offers a variety of eye care services. From your annual eye exams and eyewear fitting to eye injury emergencies, trust your eyes to our optometrists.
Digital retinal imaging allows us to gain a first look at what is going on inside your eye. Because early detection of eye problems can allow more treatment options, digital retinal imaging could prevent vision loss.
Dry eyes can be caused by:
- Medical Conditions
- Environmental Conditions
Although dry eyes can be a chronic condition, we can prescribe a treatment to keep your eyes healthy, comfortable, and prevent your vision from being affected.
Comprehensive Eye and Vision Examination
Based on the individual patient, a comprehensive eye and vision exam may include the following:
- Patient History Review – Discussion of eye or vision problems you may be having, questions about your over all health, discussion previous eye or health conditions you or your family might have.
- Visual Acuity – Reading of charts to measure how clearly each eye is seeing.
- Preliminary Tests – Evaluation or measurement of depth perception, color vision, eye muscle movement, peripheral or side vision, and the way your pupils respond to light.
- Keratometry – Measures the curvature of the cornea, the clear outer surface of the eye. This is critical for determining the proper fit for contact lenses.
Recommended Eye Examination Frequency for Pediatric Patients and Adults*
|Patient Age||Asymptomatic/Risk Free
|Birth to 24 Months||At 6 months of age||By 6 months of age or as recommended|
|2 years to 5 years||At 3 years of age||At 3 years of age or as recommended|
|6 to 18 years||Before first grade and every two years thereafter||Annually or as recommended|
|19 to 60 years||Every two years||Every one to two years or as recommended|
|61 and older||Annually||Annually or as recommended|
*As recommended by the American Optometric Association
Depending on the type of injury, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Bleeding from or from around the eye
- Decreased vision
- Double vision
- Eye pain
- Itchy eyes
- Loss of vision
- Pupils of unequal size
- Sensation of something in the eye
- Sensitivity to light
- Stinging or burning
If you or someone you love has been impacted by vision loss, contact us today.
Research has also linked eye-friendly nutrients such has lutein, vitamin C, vitamin E, and zinc to reducing the risk of Macular Degeneration.
Eye protection should also be a major concern to all athletes, especially in high-risk sports. Thousands of children and adults suffer from sports-related eye injuries each year. Nearly all of these can be prevented using the correct protective eyewear.
CustomEyes Vision Care also carries a variety of brands of sunglasses for outdoor sports activities, some even sport-specific.
110 West Broadway
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Phone: 870-523-3333 ext 2
2105 Malcolm Ave, Suite 101
Newport, AR 72112
Phone: 870-523-3333 ext. 1